Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is the deadline for submission of internship reports?
Internship reports must be submitted within 21 days after the semester is opened. One day will be subtracted from your internship duration for each weekday of late submission. Reports less than 15 days will not be evaluated.
2) Could we hand in the internship reports earlier?
Yes, you may submit your reports (with trainee evaluation form and student evaluation letter)to the internship assistant. It is the responsibility of the student if the report is left without signing.
3) What is trainee evaluation form? What are the points to pay attention while submitting it?
Trainee evaluation form is the second page of the document that can be provided from the Dean’s Office. It must be sealed and signed by the company and handed over in an enclosed envelope.
4) What is student evaluation letter? What are the points to pay attention while submitting it?
You can provide it from the department secretariat or website. The aim of this form is to create a database about training companies, which have internship opportunities for our students. Students need to fill up the form. The form need not to be sealed and signed by the company
5) What are the points to pay attention while submitting the reports?
First of all, internship reports must be written in English. Internship reports written in Turkish will not be accepted. Your report must be complete in accordance with the “outline for internship report”. Be sure that your other documents (trainee evaluation form and student evaluation letter) are also attached together. If the evaluation form will be posted by the firm, make sure that it is received by us. It is your responsibility to make sure of its arrival at the department..
6) What happens if we submit the report late?
One day is subtracted from your internship duration for each day of a late submission.
7) Can I attach some tables, figures, statistics, etc. to my report?
Yes, you may attach any document that are related to your internship and that would be helpful for us while evaluating it.
8) The company will make insurance for me. Do I still need to fill the internship insurance form?
Yes. You should fill an internship insurance form and submit it to the department secretariat but don’t forget to tell that your company will provide you an insurance.
9) My internship dates have changed and now it is different than the dates that I was proposed in my internship insurance form. What is the course of action?
To correct your data at the Accounting Office, you should get into touch with the department secretariat
10) I need to work on Saturdays during the internship. Are these days accepted as an internship?
If the company indicates that they work on Saturdays (as half time or full time) in the trainee evaluation form, these days may be accepted as internship. Also don’t forget to fill your timetable’s related field.
11) I need to work on holidays during the internship. Are these days accepted as an internship?
No. Even if your company works on holidays, these days cannot be accepted as internship.
12) The company asks me prove to that internship is mandatory for my graduation. What should I do?
The first page of the document that can be provided from the Dean’s Office (where second page is the trainee evaluation form) can be used for this purpose.